SCWNY COMMITTEES –
The Skating Club of Western New York has many opportunities for our members to become involved in the operations of our club and events that we sponsor.
Annual Banquet Committee
- Responsible for planning the Annual Meeting and Awards Banquet
- Responsible for collecting and recording the President’s Trophy skater forms/data.
- Responsible for ordering all progress trophies and special awards trophies
- Responsible for preparing and maintaining all financial statements and records of the SCWNY.
- In coordination with the Treasurer, responsible for development of formal Annual Budget
- Develops, in conjunction with the board of directors, an annual fundraising plan.
- Communicates and executes fundraising plan with club membership.
Grant & Scholarship Committee
- Responsible for administration of the SCWNY Grant Program.
- Responsible for planning educational seminars (1-2 per year) to benefit skaters and coaches.
- Coordinates applications and review process for the Peter Buch Memorial Scholarship and the Janice Smith Memorial Scholarship.
Responsible for providing hospitality for test sessions and seminars and other SCWNY events.
Junior Board Advisor
- Responsible for supervising the Junior Board of Directors meetings and activities.
- Responsible for updating annual membership documents.
- Coordinates annual membership drive in June.
- Responsible for registering all SCWNY skaters with USFS and maintenance of club roster.
- Responsible to work with coaches and Skate Great for skater recruitment.
- Responsible for creation of the SCWNY Directory.
- Responsible for writing and distribution of the club’s newsletter – “The Scribe”.
- Responsible for press releases for all major skating events i.e. North Atlantics, Empire State Games, Rising Stars on Ice and Spring Skate Festival.
- Responsible for ordering of Club Apparel and merchandise to promote the club.
- Responsible for maintaining SCWNY Bulletin Boards at Leisure and Holiday Rinks.
- Responsible for maintaining SCWNY Facebook page.
Rising Stars on Ice Show Director
- Responsible for all creative direction of the Rising Stars on Ice show.
- Responsible for working in coordination with Skate Great.
- Responsible for obtaining U.S. Figure Skating Sanctions for all official events (ice shows, competitions, etc.).
Spring Skate Festival Chairperson
Responsible for organizing the Spring Skate Festival, our club’s primary fundraiser and overseeing subcommittees including registration, awards/results, volunteers, set-up and breakdown, judges’ hospitality, coach/volunteer hospitality, officials and technical panel, program, hotel, vendors and additional fundraising.
- Responsible for organizing 3 to 4 USFS Test Sessions per year.
- Responsible for updating members and coaches on technical changes made to the USFS structure.
- Responsible for communications with USFS judges for test sessions and competitions.